We found these great important questions anyone should consider when hiring a DJ for their special event (full article here athttp://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/the-budget-guru/wedding-dj). I'm happy to answer them right here which will help us get to know each other.
1. Is this your full-time business? Very happy to say, YES!
Are weddings your primary focus? YES and we can handle any type of event
What clubs, lounges, and corporate clients have you performed for in addition to weddings? Lucky Clover Brickell, Heart Nightclub Downtown Miami, Florida International University, Several private schools and non-profits for fundraising events.
2. How do you customize the music experience for each couple? Can you help with song lists and providing suggestions?
I send each couple a custom timeline that helps them decide on song selections for important moments/entrances. They're able to tell me what they definitely want to hear and what NOT to play. My timelines always offer suggestions and ideas depending on what kind of theme or mood they are creating.
3. How do you get the crowd pumped?
If there is a time where few people are dancing or they seem indifferent about the music then I remind them they can make requests and transition to a high energy big hit from my tried-and-true song folders. I also announce that "If you make a song request, you have to dance!"
4. How do you handle song requests?
I always welcome them and if it's something I'm not familiar with I have them write it down or spell it out for me. I will get their requests in as soon as I can access their selections.
5. Can I hear some examples of mixing and blending different tracks?
Funny, no one has ever asked me this. But, Sure! I have a mix I can send over by email!
6. What sound equipment do you utilize? Do you have back-up equipment?
I have a professional Pioneer mixer, wireless microphone, 2 back up mics, Self-powered EV speakers that can handle any large venue and a back up P.A. System that I normally use for Ceremony areas and or rooms where I provide live piano for an event.
7. Have you played at our chosen wedding venue before? If not, can you make a site visit beforehand?
If I haven't I will certainly visit the venue and ideally meet the clients there to get better acquainted and go over where I would be setting up, etc.
8. Do we have our choice of DJs to select from, or is one automatically assigned to us depending on date availability? What happens in case of an emergency?
I'm the primary DJ in my company so you know who you are getting! If there is ever a case where I become double booked then I let the couple know I can have a replacement interview with them. In case of emergency I would have another DJ from my network come out to replace me with a copy of the timeline.
9. What other services do you offer (e.g. lighting, HD video screens)?
We do offer plenty of quality dance floor lighting and uplighting for the DJ area. Live piano can be added onto your event (for entrances, cocktail hour, etc)
10. Why should I choose you as my wedding DJ?
Because when I'm there it's ALWAYS a good time and I know how to get into good communication with the crowd. Let's get you booked up!
Now that we are getting to know each other, when can we talk or meet about your big day or an event for someone special in your life?
Contact DJ Gannon at 754.234.1401
www.gannonevent.com Miami, FL